Should we continue this game?

HoI2: Arsenal of Democracy. Home of the former (now legendary!) Tuesday Pacific game.

Moderator: MagooNZ

El Duck
Field Marshall

Should we continue this game?

Fri May 25, 2012 8:42 am

Hi, Guys,

We missed Tuesday for a valid reason, Huggie's involvement in an important social protest. I posted twice asking if we wanted to try and schedule a makeup and received only a reply from Gogopher. This lack of response does appear to indicate a certain lack of interest with our current game.

It seems to me that this might be a good time to end the present game and start fresh. I say this for the following reasons:

1. The apparent lack of interest in the current game.
2. The heartburn caused by the widespread use of expedationary forces.
3. The present unbalanced state of the game with the US in the war at an early date, the USSR still at peace and getting considerably stronger day by day, and China alive and well.

IMO, the game is still only viable because of the various artifical cease-fires, private agreements, and the fact that I have stayed on the sidelines.

I am still enjoying the game and ready to continue but wanted to throw this out to see what the rest of you think. Does this game still have legs?

sabbath
Field Marshall

Re: Should we continue this game?

Fri May 25, 2012 9:44 am

I hope you are only joking! :P Why would we stop now when things just started?

Axis has asserted it is confident of victory several times. :mrgreen:

These games used to finish, now all they do is restart. Playing only 1/2 of the war until someone *starts* losing (not even lost, just starting to) is not very sportsmanlike.
How am I ever supposed to finish an AAR if we stop before Axis has barely lost an inch of conquered territory, let alone cores. :(

pedal2000
Field Marshall

Fri May 25, 2012 10:01 am

That is up to you guys. I won't make any comments because I know the Axis has had disagreements about our long-term goals etc, but I think there might be interest. At the moment though I've been to busy (and am going to be in China obviously) - I've asked Hugolin if he would like to take over as Sponsor while I was gone, but the protests etc have taken up his time.

El Duck
Field Marshall

Fri May 25, 2012 10:04 am

Hey, Sabboth,

I'm glad to see that you are still passionately interested in the continuing game. As I previously posted, I am willing to continue also, but it just seems as if there is a certain lack of interest with some of our other players. If that is the case, this would be a good time to stop and start the game we are all interested in. Let's wait and see what everyone else wants to do.

Richard Nixon
Field Marshall

Fri May 25, 2012 11:13 am

Since I came into this game rather late I have no preference either way. I'll side with the majority opinion but I haven't consulted Lobo or the other Axis yet.
"Know that there are only three things that men respect: the lash that descends, the yoke that breaks and the sword that slays. By the power and terror of these you may conquer the earth." Richard Milhous Nixon in his first inaugural speech.

sabbath
Field Marshall

Fri May 25, 2012 2:52 pm

I had this rule in the Friday game.
[Resignation/Defeat]
A country may resign with honor in the interest of time and fun for all when it has lost 25% of its original VP provinces.

Brother Lobo
Field Marshall

Fri May 25, 2012 10:19 pm

I am still very interested in this game. At the current time the European Axis is in a strong position and the USA has only been in the war for a few weeks. I think it is way too early to talk about ending things.

If Hugo is able to play then I would be all in favor of continuing this Tuesday.
"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." - Thomas Paine, "The American Crisis"

El Duck
Field Marshall

Sat May 26, 2012 7:43 am

Glad to see The Great Mooselobo so enthusastic and confident. I am for sure ready to go forward. See you all on Tuesday depending on his Majesty, The Emperor Cheeto.

hugolin
Field Marshall

Mon May 28, 2012 5:01 pm

Sorry gentlemen! I will be there tomorrow evening (tuesday). I missed last tuesday and did not have time to visit much here this week. Also I've been helping my GF with a project, and whatever free time I have I played World of Tanks! But in short, I'm still in!
"Defending like Chiang, attacking like Il Douche, Conquering like... Emperor Cheeto, Emperor of the Sino-Japanese Empire of the peaceful sun of the Eastern horizon"