Windowed Mode Emergency

HoI2: Arsenal of Democracy. Home of the former (now legendary!) Tuesday Pacific game.

Moderator: MagooNZ

hugolin
Field Marshall

Windowed Mode Emergency

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:06 pm

I have issues with my screen - part of it goes bongo because of the humidity. How can I put the game back on Windowed Mode from in-game? I cannot find how. It's in the option screen at start-up, but I disabled it a long time ago... Thanks!
"Defending like Chiang, attacking like Il Douche, Conquering like... Emperor Cheeto, Emperor of the Sino-Japanese Empire of the peaceful sun of the Eastern horizon"

sabbath
Field Marshall

Re: Windowed Mode Emergency

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:03 pm

I can help you if you get on early. (wtf humidity in Canadia??)

Brother Lobo
Field Marshall

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:04 pm

Not sure about from inside the game, but if you go to your AoD folder you should see the .exe launcher, and somewhere else in there is a second file which brings up the options screen, it is just called "Arsenal" and when you hover the mouse over it says "loader." You should be able to switch to windowed mode from there.
"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." - Thomas Paine, "The American Crisis"

sabbath
Field Marshall

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:05 pm

1st suggestion, in your AOD folder is an executable name = arsenal.exe

If you run that it has the Windowed Mode option.

hugolin
Field Marshall

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:19 pm

Found it thanks. When I tried earlier on my own it wouldn't launch because I was in a cafe and it couldn't load properly because of a lousy internet connection.
My screen is amputated! But I'll manage.
"Defending like Chiang, attacking like Il Douche, Conquering like... Emperor Cheeto, Emperor of the Sino-Japanese Empire of the peaceful sun of the Eastern horizon"