Chinese issues: Money! $$$

HoI2: Arsenal of Democracy. Home of the former (now legendary!) Tuesday Pacific game.

Moderator: MagooNZ

hugolin
Field Marshall

Re: Chinese issues: Money! $$$

Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:56 am

I sent a few times 5000 energy against $500 or 5000 metals against $800 or so. Because China-Nanking is my puppet, it was sending me the resources back anyway. I was getting a good break on my ICs, it was a totally artificial trade - China-Nanking did not need these resources.

But anyway I'm done trying to convinced people.
"Defending like Chiang, attacking like Il Douche, Conquering like... Emperor Cheeto, Emperor of the Sino-Japanese Empire of the peaceful sun of the Eastern horizon"

sabbath
Field Marshall

Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:24 am

Okay so now you have narrowed it down to trading with China as a puppet, it is getting a little more clear.

Rule Solution to that spur: Do not trade with your puppets. :)

pedal2000
Field Marshall

Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:05 pm

I think maybe you are misunderstanding, are you saying China profits from buying resources for itself???
I am saying that rather than having to face a cost for the buying of resources, China doesn't because of the way the Game mechanics work. China is just given a huge amount of free cash, which can be converted into anything - and in doing that conversion can further imbalance other countries.

If Germany was to attempt to trade purely cash for all resources it needed it would suffer a massive loss of IC - obviously no nation could reasonable afford to do that (even the USSR) - but China has such a low IC, and thus such low maintenance costs, it is able to export sums of cash far greater than its IC might otherwise allow. In essence it is shipping mad amounts of IC abroad for free to whoever 'controls' it.

sabbath
Field Marshall

Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:17 pm

Yes, a player controlled China could send free cash of course. I did not do that when I controlled it nor did Rdude that I know of.

Can't the solution simply state that China cannot send free resources or less than 100% trades?
(Don't we have that rule already for all countries)?

I think this is more of a perceived/potential problem than an actual one.
Original China did not abuse this, and Hugo as China-Nanking has not abused this either that we know of.