Poll: should this game continue?

HoI2: Arsenal of Democracy. Home of the former (now legendary!) Tuesday Pacific game.

Moderator: MagooNZ

Should we continue this game?

Yes! There are problems but we can see it through.
43%
No! Bugs, rules, and people's disputes have killed the fun.
57%

Total votes: 7

hugolin
Field Marshall

Poll: should this game continue?

Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:22 pm

A poll. 7 votes. IMO Pedal and Rdude don't vote. Pedal left for a while, and rdude is not a regular. I will vote later (i.e. I'm not the first vote, whatever it is). This is after another round of more of the same.

Brother Lobo
Cougy
El Duck
Gogopher
Hugolin
Nixon
Sabbath
"Defending like Chiang, attacking like Il Douche, Conquering like... Emperor Cheeto, Emperor of the Sino-Japanese Empire of the peaceful sun of the Eastern horizon"

gogopher
Field Marshall

Re: Poll: should this game continue?

Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:56 pm

to be totally transparent...i voted to end the game...too many issues for too little enjoyment at this time...

i think we should focus on rules for the next game and use patch 1.08 when i releases

pedal2000
Field Marshall

Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:25 pm

As noted I won't vote, but for the record I am fine with either decision.

Brother Lobo
Field Marshall

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:59 pm

After all of us have spent so many months and hours of our time playing and building up our countries, here we are with players wanting to end it early again. This time we have plenty of players and all three alliances are still viable and yet still 4 vote to end it?

I just don't understand this mentality. I realize there have been some arguments and issues, but I don't think we've reached a point where things have gotten "game breaking" yet.

How many games is this now? At least 4 out of the last 5 stopped without a real decisive finish. A few ended for lack of players, but that is something totally separate. I play with the Tuesday group mainly because of time zone issues, no other group really plays at times where I can make it every session. If we've reached the point where the Tuesday night group is incapable of ever finishing a game it makes me ask seriously why I (or anyone) should join future games.

Can you imagine any sport operating like this? Fans would not watch or play if a majority of games just ended arbitrarily without any finish.
"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." - Thomas Paine, "The American Crisis"