1.08. Capital Infrastructure : Working As Designed

HoI2: Arsenal of Democracy. Home of the former (now legendary!) Tuesday Pacific game.

Moderator: MagooNZ

sabbath
Field Marshall

1.08. Capital Infrastructure : Working As Designed

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:24 am

Changelog has no mention of any "fixes" for any problems with capital infrastructure supply "bugs".

Seems the message from the developers is it is the player's responsibility. Build more INTs.

Mr_B0narpte
Field Marshall

Re: 1.08. Capital Infrastructure : Working As Designed

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:15 pm

That's because the developer started working on 1.08 months before my suggestion (that several others agreed with) to change the current situation regarding the capital bombing 'exploit', gunman had put so much effort into it and resolving this issue would have taken even more.

Your implication that it is 'working as designed' and that the developers put sole responsibility onto the players is just that, an implication.

cougy
General

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Not understanding you statement of "build more INTs." Especially since rockets are completely unstoppable. I agree with Bonie, basically have some self-control and exploit less.

sabbath
Field Marshall

Re: 1.08. Capital Infrastructure and STR : Working As Design

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:16 pm

That would be your best and closest friend and compatriot Lobo that made rockets not me :)

So I admit I had actually forgotten that bit when writing this. STR bombers are not a problem though.

Bonaparte or anyone I would be interested to see any post from a developer mentioning anywhere that they even considered this a problem or would work on it. If they really wanted to wouldn't they have mentioned it in 3 years and 4-5 patches? o_O The game isn't going to get very many more or maybe no more patches.

Mr_B0narpte
Field Marshall

Re: 1.08. Capital Infrastructure and STR : Working As Design

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:32 pm

sabbath wrote:Bonaparte or anyone I would be interested to see any post from a developer mentioning anywhere that they even considered this a problem or would work on it. If they really wanted to wouldn't they have mentioned it in 3 years and 4-5 patches? o_O The game isn't going to get very many more or maybe no more patches.
I do not understand your point, unless you're going on the premise the developers have fixed every problem in AoD, which isn't the case. Please tell me how the current system is realistic.

Using the advanced search for the AoD forums I found:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... SE+bombing

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... re+bombing

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... re+bombing - Read the (misinformed) post 2

gogopher
Field Marshall

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:40 pm

this has got to rank in the top 10 of stupidest post ever (right behind rockets are legit post)...

to think that bombing/rocketing a capital should in any way impact a nations supply situation is absurd...that and the use of rockets as a strategic weapon are perhaps the two greatest problems with this game...both take AoD into fantasy land...hell u might as well add dragons and laser weapons....

sabbath
Field Marshall

Re: 1.08. Capital Infrastructure : Working As Designed?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:59 am

I never said I believed it should affect supply.

Only recapping the facts we have available. The game has been out (3?) years and the developers have never said this was a bug. The manual says supply is traced from capital.

I will look into modding lasers and dragons but I'm not sure it is possible to add new unit types.

Mr_B0narpte
Field Marshall

Re: 1.08. Capital Infrastructure : Working As Designed?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:47 am

sabbath wrote:I never said I believed it should affect supply.
Then why defend it if you don't believe in it?
sabbath wrote:Only recapping the facts we have available. The game has been out (3?) years and the developers have never said this was a bug. The manual says supply is traced from capital.
Its not a bug; its an (potentially massive) exploit that, IMO, can not be justified on realistic or gameplay grounds.

gogopher
Field Marshall

Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:46 pm

Its not a bug; its an (potentially massive) exploit that, IMO, can not be justified on realistic or gameplay grounds.
well said...completely well said