Non-Historical HoI4 game

HoI 4 - Sunday game

Moderator: harbringerxv8

Bill
Field Marshall

Non-Historical HoI4 game

Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:57 pm

"How about a non-historical HoI4 game?" is the question posed on the WPO Discord channel.

Posted here just in case there are gamers who don't frequent the WPO Discord channel.

Harbringer wrote:

As we prep for the next "serious" [HoI4] game and discuss teams and rules, I suggest for our interim game something a little more light-hearted. Let's call it Hearts of Anarchy. Basically I'm suggesting Vanilla HOI with no set teams, no balance rules, and no holds barred. Lobo wanted to make Austria Hungary in the last game. Here's his chance. Communist America? The return of the Kaiser? A unified South America? The world is your oyster. If your country loses, hop over to somebody else. Thoughts?

pedal2000
Field Marshall

Re: Non-Historical HoI4 game

Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:51 am

A. I love non-historical HOI4 games.

B. Personally, my recommendation would be to try Kaiserreich which doesn't change the gameplay but kicks off as "What if Germany won WW1". It is not at all balanced for MP, but it definitely gives you a great ahistorical story.

virtualrock
Field Marshall

Re: Non-Historical HoI4 game

Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:59 am

I wouldn't mind playing a kaiserreich game at some point. The situation in that mod can lead to varying scenarios so if we can have a player on every major faction I think we could end up with a pretty interesting game.