HOI4?

Looking to find or host a new game? Post here!
Bill
Field Marshall

Re: HOI4?

Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:06 pm

Copy and pasted here from the WPO Discord for documentation purposes:

AboriginalC — Today at 6:06 PM

I’ve been trying to post on the bulletin board but it’s not working for me

If you all don’t mind I will just post my three choices here

1. Canada
2. South Africa
3. China

Jones
Field Marshall

Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:13 pm

Bill wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:06 pm
Copy and pasted here from the WPO Discord for documentation purposes:

AboriginalC — Today at 6:06 PM

I’ve been trying to post on the bulletin board but it’s not working for me
Hi Bill,

I've activated his account "aboriginalchris" so please pass on to him that he should be able to view and post to WPO now. It also appears that he created a second account, so if you can ask if he did or not, I will delete the unneeded second account.

Thanks!
Jones.
"Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war" - William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"

Bill
Field Marshall

Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:43 pm

Jones wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:13 pm

Hi Bill,

I've activated his account "aboriginalchris" so please pass on to him that he should be able to view and post to WPO now. It also appears that he created a second account, so if you can ask if he did or not, I will delete the unneeded second account.

Thanks!
Jones.
Very good. I just PM'd Chris on Discord.

Thanks for your help.

Bill

Bill
Field Marshall

Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:20 pm

Thursdays might not be the best time for me (well, I'd be gone for at least 1 hour, 7 PM to 8 PM Pacific time, first Thursday of the month).
Mondays are half-iffy.

All good:
  • Sundays
    Tuesdays
    Wednesdays
    Fridays
    Saturdays

(Thursdays will kind of work...just that I'll be gone for a bit, one Th per month)

Richard Nixon
Field Marshall

Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:35 pm

I would be willing to join but I am very rusty since I have mostly been playing Total War Warhammer II. I'm now more accustomed to marching armies of zombies around rather than tanks. Since I'll basically have to relearn how to play HOI I'd prefer either a "small" major or a minor nation. I'd even be willing to coop with a more experienced player. What countries are still open and what rules or mods are you using? Is there going to be a limit on espionage activities?
"Know that there are only three things that men respect: the lash that descends, the yoke that breaks and the sword that slays. By the power and terror of these you may conquer the earth." Richard Milhous Nixon in his first inaugural speech.

mikeydz
Field Marshall

Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:53 am

This is the last roster I see on Discord. Right now we seem to be leaning toward using the latest IHMP mod, which I think would require China be AI, and I forget where Aboriginal would move to in that scenario.

Zarin_lives
Field Marshall

Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:21 am

Sunday is good for me
A dingo ate my baby!

aphrochine
Field Marshall

Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:38 am

I could play most Sundays. I'll be out 4/25 and 5/16 though. There are a couple dates in June I couldn't do, if the game goes that long.

"Fate. It protects fools, little children and ships named Enterprise." -W.T. Riker

Brother Lobo
Field Marshall

Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:48 pm

Looks like you guys are getting the band back together. I'm a bit rusty so count me in as Brazil.

What is the start time and date for the actual game? I saw something about an "orientation session" tomorrow on Discord. What mods?
"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." - Thomas Paine, "The American Crisis"

mikeydz
Field Marshall

Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:24 pm

Brother Lobo wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:48 pm
Looks like you guys are getting the band back together. I'm a bit rusty so count me in as Brazil.

What is the start time and date for the actual game? I saw something about an "orientation session" tomorrow on Discord. What mods?
No official start date for the game yet. Still organizing. As for mods, it seems we are leaning toward using the latest version of the IHMP mod we previously used. The "orientation session" is tonight, mainly so whoever wants to jump in can reacquaint themselves with HOI4 and also get a grasp on the IHMP mod so we can make the decision on if we want to go with it for the real deal.

harbringerxv8
Field Marshall

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:15 am

Aphro, how would you feel about cooping SOV with Zarin? Battle planner is even more useless in this mod than in vanilla, so he could use the extra set of eyes.

Lobo, we're all quite rusty, so I'd like to fill up critical countries first. Would you be averse to playing either coop Japan, Manchukuo, or Hungary? Axis is a little short ATM.

Nixon has expressed his desire to play Australia.
-Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
Napoleon Bonaparte

Brother Lobo
Field Marshall

Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:41 pm

For anyone who missed it- chatted with Harb on Discord. I'll be going Axis. I don't want to be in Asia again (was there the last 4 games) so I'm penciled in as Hungary for now, with the possibility of Spain if the Allies don't object. What say you about Spain Allies?
"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." - Thomas Paine, "The American Crisis"

Bill
Field Marshall

Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:03 am

Brother Lobo wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:41 pm
What say you about Spain Allies?
England here.

Spain is more fun to play than Hungary in many regards.

E.g., if a player likes to have a navy, then Spain is the go-to nation (when compared to Hungary and its naval capability).

Poor Gibraltar.

Because of Gibraltar, I'd be more inclined to agree with an Axis Sweden or an Axis Yugoslavia. (I think that someone disagreed with an Axis Sweden over on the Discord chat.)